♥ Thursday, December 13, 2007 ♥

This day marked the end of a 4.5 day camp and my 3rd yr of service as a mentor. As I read through my campers' testimonies, i cant help but start tearing - tears not of sadness, but of joy. The camp committee spent 3 months preparing for this camp. Throughout this camp, though not all the plans were fulfilled, the testimonies told me that the campers had a meaningful time, studying about God and fellowshipping. Indeed, all these can only happen because of God and i just want to give all praise and glory to Him! God had been faithful and true to His word. This camp allowed me to practice what I had learnt during YAF’s Bible study – Experiencing God. I thank God for giving me many opportunities to see Him accomplish His purposes in the lives of the campers and helpers in this camp.

These are the lessons that God had taught me during this camp:

1. God is sovereign – This camp taught me that we can plan all we can, but at the end of the day, God can change them. There were a few times when things did not happen as expected (like how we had to make do with using our church compound for the intended outdoor games at West Coast Park), but when we acknowledge that it is God’s will and adjust our plans according to Him, everything worked out perfectly!

2. God is the Creator – For the 2nd consecutive year, God had allowed rain to fall and stop just before the swimming carnival. For the 2nd consecutive year, the dark clouds filled the sky, yet the rain did not come until the carnival was over. Indeed, this was such a marvelous sight and it reminded me that our God is a God who answers prayer and He controls the wind and the rain.

3. God is Jehovah Jireh, our Provider – God had provided for each and every one of our needs throughout the camp. He brought help from unexpected sources. During this camp, help came from people whom I never really talked to in church on Sundays and their willingness encouraged me greatly and I learnt that we should never underestimate how God can touch individual hearts to come forward and help.

4. The messages brought by Rev Yap were reminders of God’s grace towards mankind and how He provides help and answers prayer. These messages re-emphasised the need to grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I was also encouraged by my group’s sharing of how God had answered their prayers and the lessons that they had learnt.

I thank God for the privilege to serve as a mentor for the 3rd consecutive year. During this camp, new relationships were created with the youths and younger campers while older relationships were strengthened. It just greatly encouraged me when those whom I mentored during the previous camps were willing to share about how they were getting on in their lives and their spiritual walks with God. I thank the Lord for giving me the opportunities to have meaningful conversations with most of my Sunday School girls, something that I do not get on Sundays. Lastly, I thank God for the resolutions that many campers made and that is, to have a more intimate relationship with their Heavenly Father. God willing, I will definitely love to serve in Sunday School Camp next year!

All glory belongs to the Lord!




Labels:



in Christ alone ♥
7:07 PM